Thingitude is a non-profit organisation established to promote, support and develop community-led open source Internet of Things projects. We believe a great deal of Smart City innovation and value will come from a bottom-up community-led approach to complement the top-down consultancy-led approach. We also believe in Smart Towns, Smart Villages, and Smart Countryside!
- Help, guidance and materials to help anyone starting and running IoT projects, including practical assistance with funding applications
- An online community of individuals, teams and businesses working on IoT projects, eager to help and learn from each other
- Technology support network
- Library of open source designs for IoT devices and software
- Real-life events: talks, workshops, meetups
We are funded by:
- Regular and one-off contributions from people and organisations that support our aims
- Grants from various funding organisations
- Fees from events, such as workshops
- Sale of kits we have built from our community projects. For example a Thingitude LoraWAN starter kit
We also offer access to “for profit” IoT professional services delivered by organisations in our network – project management, technical consultancy, prototype design, executive coaching and training.